The Fulbright Language-Training Center offers preparatory courses for the American standardized test iBT TOEFL.
The new format of the test consists of 4 parts:
- Reading : 3-5 pieces of text, approximately 700 words each, followed by 12-14 questions. Taking notes is allowed. This part takes 60 -100 minutes.
- Listening: 4-6 lectures, 3-5 minutes each, 500-800 words, followed by 6 questions; 2-3 conversation, 3 minutes each, followed by 5 questions. Taking notes is allowed and even recommendable. This part takes 60 – 90 minutes.
- Break: 5 minutes.
- Speaking : 6 tasks – 2 independent and 4 integrated. This part takes 20 minutes.
- Writing: 1 integrated task, 20 minutes, 1 independent, 30 minutes.
The whole test takes 4 hours. The structure section has been removed because knowledge of grammar is tested in the speaking and writing sections.
The Fulbright Educational Center offers two training courses for internet TOEFL:
IBT TOEFL 100
Classes: Mon., Wed., Fri. – 9.00 – 12.00 a.m., 6.00-9.00 p.m. Tuition fee: BGN 390лв. The price includes the teaching materials that are used at the Educational Center during the course.
IBT TOEFL 60
Classes: Sat. and Sun. – 10.00 a.m. – 1.00 p.m.., 1.00-4.00 p.m. Tuition fee: BGN 300. The price includes the teaching materials that are used at the Educational center during the course.
The Internet TOEFL is a battery of new integrated and interactive tasks related exclusively to the academic environment.
- Reading, listening and an oral response to a question.
- Listening and an oral response to a question.
- Reading, listening and a written response to a question.
The courses offer comprehensive analyses and preparation for the integrated tasks.
- In each section two new skills are introduced and tested: taking notes and making a summary. In view of this special classes are dedicated to these basic skills.
- The students get familiarized with details of the Speaking section: the types of questions, evaluation criteria, pronunciation requirements, syntax, vocabulary, structuration and timing of the response. They are practiced with the test questions as part of the requirements of the task and its duration.
- The courses prepare the students for the long and complex academic lectures and conversations in the Reading and Listening sections. The students are familiarized and exercise the three types of essays of the independent writing task.
- The students learn some additional requirements that enable them to do better in the new examination format: organizational skills, fast and correct typing, timing themselves, identification of rhetorical devices, intonation and speaker’s attitude, slang awareness, exposure to accents other than GA ( American English pronunciation), e.g. British, Australian, Canadian.
For further information and registration contact:
Useful link: www.ets.org/toefl