- Media Literacy Grants Program
- The Media Literacy Grants Program is a newly established competitive program offering grants of up to $15,000 USD to non-government, non-profit organizations in Bulgaria for projects and activities aimed at promoting media literacy and critical thinking among young people and combating the spread of disinformation.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and must be received, with all accompanying documents, at least two months before your program or event begins. Applications will be evaluated by a reviewing committee, consisting of Commission Board members and experts.
A narrative report, outlining all project activities and outcomes, and accompanied by all relevant documentation (sub-contracts, invoices, ticket receipts, etc.) must be submitted to the Commission within 30 days of the declared end date of the project.
All application documents, as well as the final project report, must be in English.
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- A cover letter
- A completed Grant Application Form
- A budget justification narrative
- Cover letter
- Cover letter or email stating the applicant name and organization, proposal date, program title, program period proposed start and end date, and brief purpose of the program.
- Grant Application Form Instructions
- Please ensure that the proposal:
- Clearly addresses the goals and objectives of your program. The goals describe what the program is intended to achieve. The objectives refer to the intermediate accomplishments on the way to the goals. These should be achievable and measurable.
- Contains a clear, concise and well-supported statement of the problem to be addressed and why the proposed program is needed.
- Clearly identifies the target audience and addresses anticipated impact.
- Describes the program activities and how they will help achieve the objectives.
- Describes how the program is expected to work to solve the stated problem and achieve the goal.
- Includes a proposed timeline for the program activities. Include the dates, times, and locations of planned activities and events.
- Includes names, titles, roles and experience/qualifications of key personnel involved in the program. What proportion of their time will be used in support of this program?
- Lists the names and type of involvement of key partner organizations.
- Includes a monitoring and evaluation plan. This is an important part of successful grants. Throughout the time-frame of the grant, how will the activities be monitored to ensure they are happening in a timely manner, and how will the program be evaluated to make sure it is meeting the goals of the grant?
- Includes your plan for continuing the program beyond the grant period, or the availability of other resources, if applicable.
- Is in English
- Includes a budget in U.S. dollars
- Budget Justification Narrative
- After filling out the budget section in the Grant Application Form (above), use a separate sheet of paper to describe each of the budget expenses in detail.
- 1-page CV or resume of key personnel who are proposed for the program
- Letters of support from any program partners describing the roles and responsibilities of each partner
- Official permission letters, if required for program activities