Fulbright Bulgaria Project Management Program Complaint Policy
Customer Service and Complaint Resolution Policy
It is the policy of the Fulbright Bulgaria Project Management Program to strive to improve customer satisfaction by providing a timely and accurate response to complaints and view complaints as an opportunity to improve program service delivery issues.
The purpose of the Customer Service and Complaint Resolution Policy is to promptly and effectively address program and service delivery concerns raised by the public. The policy will assist to provide excellent service to the public and contribute to the continuous improvement of internal operations. Fulbright Bulgaria Project Management Program strives to increase customer satisfaction by:
- providing a fair complaint procedure which is clear and easy to use for anyone wishing to make a complaint;
- providing a timely and accurate response to complaints;
- using complaints as an opportunity to improve program and service delivery issues.
COMPLAINT DEFFINITION & APPLICABILITY:
A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction related to Fulbright Bulgaria Project Management Program, services, facilities or staff members, where a course participant believes that Fulbright Bulgaria Project Management Program has not provided a service experience to the customer’s satisfaction at the point of service delivery and where a response or resolution is expected. Anonymous complaints cannot be addressed. In order to resolve a complaint, Fulbright Bulgaria Project Management Program requires the complainant’s personal information including name and contact information.
A complaint is distinct from:
- a request for additional service made on behalf of a course participant, or to notify the organization that a scheduled course activity was not provided on time,
- a general enquiry or specific request for information regarding the program,
- an opinion or feedback, comment, or expression of interest in the program or other course,
- a suggestion or idea submitted by a customer with the aim of improving services, training programs or processes.
This policy does not address complaints regarding non-project management program services, issues addressed by legislation or an existing Fulbright Bulgaria by-law, policy or procedure, internal employee complaints or matters that are handled by courts of law, quasi-judicial boards etc.
All Fulbright Bulgaria Project Management Program employees, including trainers, should have a clear understanding of how complaints are handled by the organization.
COMPLAINT ADMINISTRATION PROCEDURE:
- Frontline Resolution
It is the responsibility of the complainant to attempt to resolve concerns by dealing with the applicable Fulbright Bulgaria Project Management Program employee(s) or trainers directly involved with the issue, where appropriate. It is the responsibility of all employees to attempt to resolve issues or concerns before they become complaints and to identify opportunities to improve organization services where deficiencies are noted.
If a complainant believes their matter was not resolved through a frontline resolution, formal complaints may be submitted to the Fulbright Bulgaria Project Management Program. All information, including name and contact information, must be complete to initiate an internal investigation.
The program coordinator, or designate, shall log the complaint within the ‘Complaint Registry’, assign a tracking number and acknowledgement of receipt of the complaint within 7 business days. During this phase, the program coordinator or designate will:
- Contact the complainant, acknowledging receipt of the complaint, and provide a tracking number for reference purposes.
- If needed, clarify the complaint with the complainant obtaining additional details.
- Transfer complaint to the appropriate employee(s) or trainer(s).
The Program Coordinator, or designate, shall conduct an investigation into the nature of the complaint. If a complaint is made against the program coordinator, the Executive Director shall conduct the investigation or designate a solicitor or other qualified individual. The designated investigator shall review the issues identified by the complainant, and in so doing they may:
- Review organization policies, procedures and any existing file documents
- Interview employees or course participants involved in the issue(s)
- Identify actions that may be taken to address the complaint or to improve organization operations
- Provide a resolution report to the program coordinator
Within thirty (30) calendar days of receipt of the complaint, the designated investigator shall make a determination as to the validity of the complaint (determine that the complaint was valid, not valid, valid in part, vexatious, or unfounded). The designated investigator shall determine the appropriate resolution which may include initiating changes to procedure, initiating a disciplinary process or any other suitable resolution as may be appropriate in the circumstances. A written response will be provided to the complainant and shall include whether or not the complaint was substantiated with reasons for the decision and any actions the organization has or will take as a result. Details of the information provided may include the following:
- Overview of complaint
- Detail of how the investigation was conducted
- Summary of the facts
- Outline of the findings
- Identification of next steps
- Suggestions of appropriate resolution
- If the complaint is complex, the response provided may identify a need for additional time. Justification and an estimated timeline will be provided within this correspondence.
The decision will be considered final. There are no appeal mechanisms at the organizational level.
- Management of Records & Personal Information
The program coordinator shall file a copy of the complaint and response. Such records will be maintained in accordance with the GDPR. The organization will adhere to all applicable legislation regarding privacy in accordance with GDPR. All complaint records will be kept securely and in accordance with corporate policy and legislative responsibilities. Personal information on the complaint is treated as confidential to protect the privacy of the complainant.
CUSTOMER SERVICE & COMPLAINT RESOLUTION PROCESS
- Receives written complaint and logs within database
- Provides acknowledgement with author within 7 days
- Forwards copy to appropriate employee(s) or trainer(s) for investigation
Employee / Trainer / Third Party Investigator
- Conducts investigation
- Notifies complainant of decision within 30 days
- Files a copy of the decision with the program coordinator along with all communication / documentation related to the decision
- Maintains a record of the file in accordance with GDPR
Please, submit your complaints: